Monday, July 16, 2012

[Party] Washi Tape Decorations

So I slacked on the planning and Happy Vee's 4th birthday party doesn't have much of a theme... But that doesn't mean we can't make it special!  I decided to pull out my washi tapes and challenge myself to use them for all the party decorations.  Here's what I have so far--

Washi Tape Favor Bags

Washi Tape Mini Banner


Washi Tape Gift Wrap



Click "Read more" for the details



Plain brown paper bags dressed-up with washi tape--

Washi tape is removable and doesn't easily lose its tackiness, so I laid out each strip of tape on my granite counter (unbleached baking paper also works), stamped them and cut them to size before placing them on the brown bags.

A washi tape banner with baker's twine and miniature clothespins--


I used light weight cardboard (i.e. cereal box) for the backing and laid out the washi tape in strips.  Then I cut out a template and used that as the banner guide.

For some size perspective... the banner piece is 3.5 in X 1.75. And isn't that mini clothespin cute?  I found a bag of them eons ago at JoAnns in the unfinished wood section.

 Washi Tape Gift Wrap made with remnants--

After I cut out the banner, I had these little triangles left over.  Instead of throwing them out, I decided to use them to decorate the plain wrapping paper.  


I still have a few more ideas floating around in my summer-vacation-heat-humidity-numbed brain.  So there may be a Part 2... Like how I didn't really commit?? ;)

Have a great rest of the week.

[edited to add]

here are the rest of the washi tape party decorations.  including this washi tape balloon tail--

so much fun!

Pin It

sharing with...


Tuesday To Do PartyHome Stories A2ZVisit thecsiproject.com